Yields about 1 quart
- Peel and wash 1 pound of tomatillos.
- Put the tomatillos in a blender with the following ingredients:
- 1 poblano pepper with seeds removed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 of a white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 cup of cilantro (or a small handful)
- 1/2 of a jalapeno (optional)
- use as much or as little jalapeno as desired for your spice preference. Salsa verde is usually mild in spice and I tend to make it with no jalapeno.
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tbsp of cumin
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Blend all of the ingredients until all large pieces are broken down.
- Taste test the salsa to make sure it is to your liking and then chill salsa for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This salsa is perfect for chip dipping, enchilada topping, or as a marinade for steak, chicken or pork!